Switching to KDE (was kde or gnome)

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Mon Sep 29 21:46:26 UTC 2008

At 02:54 PM 9/29/2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:

>It doesn't make sense to recommend installing "KDE Software
>Development" to the
>average user, it's only for developers. Average users should just install the
>regular KDE group (known as kde-desktop internally):
>yum groupinstall kde-desktop
<<<<<

Good afternoon, Kevin.

Yeah, I figured there was something like that... but when you say
"switchdesk KDE" and there is no KDE, switchdesk tells you to
groupinstall "KDE Software Development".

Is there anything in kde-desktop that's not in KDE Software
Development?  In other words, after you have installed "KDE Software
Development" is there any advantage to then installing kde-desktop"?