When will Yum updates be working again?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:01:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 16:25 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 14:07 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> > > As the subject says... when?
> >
> > Have you checked the archives of the last few days, where this question
> > has been asked and answered several times?
> >
> Well, sort of.  I get emails sent to my email server and I have tried
> to catch everything going by assuming that I get all the email
> deliveries.
>
> The last time I asked, I was given was a link summarizing Fedora's
> decision on  how they were going to handle this issue - but there was
> nothing about a time-table or ETA as far I can tell, which is why I was
> asking.  I read other postings but again, I did not catch anything of an
> ETA and I may have missed it.
>
> Does anyone have any idea when we can expect updates to be
> flowing again?

Hi Dan,

I can't give you a precise ETA but it should be soon.  Obviously the
holiday here in the USA may have impacted the schedule somewhat.  To
issue new updates, we need to issue a new package signing key, and to do
that, as well as provide all our previously issued content properly, is
a fairly gargantuan task.  Please be patient while the Fedora community
release engineers and admins are working on the process.

--
Paul W. Frields