Fedora home server using core 9

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Sep 2 15:01:16 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

>> I must say I was fairly unimpressed with the error I got
>> when browsing to the suggested URL, <https://www.scientificlinux.org/>.
>> I know there was some sort of explanation given for this,
>> and probably a solution;
>> but I am rather lazy, and if someone suggests a piece of software,
>> and gives an URL for it,
>> and when I go to that URL I get an error
>> I am unlikely to pursue the matter unless it is vital to my health.
> ----
> that wasn't an error...that was Firefox presenting you with it's intent
> to deny access to the web page you asked to see because it uses a
> self-signed certificate instead of a certificate signed by a trusted
> agent. At some point, it would behoove you to understand the difference.

In fact, the cause of the error -
I call it an error because it says PAGE LOAD ERROR at the top of the page -
is irrelevant to me.
If I were very interested in ScientificLinux I might have tried
to diagnose the cause,
but since I am not I simply categorized it
with web-pages that I cannot read because they are pink with blue text.
Doubtless I could change the colours if I were sufficiently interested.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net