F9 install: anaconda fails: Unable to read package metadata.

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Sep 2 17:28:59 UTC 2008

cloudbuster wrote:

> I've always wondered: If I have F8 and do frequent "yum update" s
> do I have essentially F9 when F9 arrives!

No, running 'yum update' will only update the current version. To go from F8
to F9, I first installed this new release RPM:

# rpm -Uhv
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm

I then ran yum update, which upgrade some 1200 packages. It took awhile but
it worked.

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam