Secrecy and user trust

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:37:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 17:51 +0100, Bill Crawford wrote:
> On 02/09/2008, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When and how did the intrusion occur?  How was it initially detected?
>
> *shrug*
>
> I don't actually need to know, so I'm not making a fuss.

I disagree. I think we do need to know. What I don't worry about is
knowing *immediately*. I'm willing to cut the Fedora devs some slack as
it may be an ongoing situation and I don't doubt they are fully occupied
in pushing updates, signing packages etc.

However I think we have a right to expect a much more detailed report on
this "in due course" (no, I don't know how long that is).

poc