When will Yum updates be working again?

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 19:08:04 UTC 2008

>>> You are easily satisfied.
>>> If you asked what time the plane leaves,
>>> and you were told "Sometime",
>>> would you find that a completely acceptable answer?
>>
>> I might accept "the plane won't be leaving for a while because we have
>> discovered a serious fault, and the engineers have to manually check
>> each and every seat and oxygen mask for it before we can announce it
>> may depart". It might not make me happy, but it's an answer.
>
> I guess that the problem with "sometime" is not so much that it's not
> specific enough, but that it's not specific *at* *all*. OK fine, my
> plane wont leave on time -- should I go get a room or do you expect it
> to leave soon enough that I should just stay put?
>
> Does anybody in the know have any idea whatsoever about when updates
> might again start flowing? Will it be in the next day or two, or
> should we all just cool our jets until October?

This whole incident has kept the rumors mills very busy and _still_
there isn't been a responsible response from Fedora.  An update
(useful) every couple of days on status (what they are working on)
would help users ..after all this is a "community" distribution? Or is
it really?

Some users could actually might volunteer to help speed up the process.

Steve