Avahi, nautilus and ssh

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 2 22:32:34 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I can remember that somewhen an ubuntu notebook detected all ssh capable
servers in a net via avahi and nautilus offered access to them via
places -> network. For fedora 9/8 (in both directions) that is not the
case, although ssh is working, avahi is running on both machines and a
ssh service file is placed in /etc/avahi/services.
Why do I not see an "access this pc via ssh" button in places -> network
but have to use "connect to server" for nautilus access?
Is that a regression or do I miss some config?

regards

christoph