upgrade to fc9 and lost mouse pad enter

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Wed Sep 3 03:03:43 UTC 2008

I updated my laptop from fc8 to fc9.  Due to dependencies, I had to
remove gnome-panel.  I reinstalled gnome-panel and all the other stuff
that was removed, but apparently, I missed something.

My touch pad continues to work as a mouse, however, I cannot use the
mouse pad as an enter key.  I cannot double-click on the mouse pad as a
select tool.

Can anyone tell me where/how this is controlled in gnome?  Is there some
"manager" I need installed which might have been inadvertantly deleted?

Thanks,

Jim