Fedora home server using core 9

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Sep 3 12:41:10 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 17:01 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> In fact, the cause of the error - I call it an error because it says
>> PAGE LOAD ERROR at the top of the page - is irrelevant to me.
>
> If you want to be ignorant, so be it...  But you're going to keep on
> bashing your head against a wall until you do learn about what you're
> doing.
>
> And for what it's worth, that *ERROR* is your browser complaining, not
> the webserver.  The webserver *is* actually working.

(1) Please read what I said.
I do not care who or what was the cause of the ERROR.

(2) I understand - and understood - perfectly clearly
the cause of the ERROR.

(3) If ScientificLinux runs a web-page that fails in Firefox,
I put the fault down to ScientificLinux.
It is up to them to make sure their web-page runs in common browsers.

(4) As I have said (several times) I do not have a passionate interest
in ScientificLinux, which according to all the comments I have read here
is more or less identical to CentOS.

As Dr Johnson said of the Giants Causeway,
"Worth seeing, but not worth going to see".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net