Moving hidden folders between computers

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:07:32 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Chris Tyler <chris at tylers.info>:

> On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 14:36 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>> I wanted to move an hidden folder from computer A to computer B, and I
>> could perform the operation copying from A to B in the Public folder.
>> Then I wanted to copy same hidden folder from B to C and I try to
>> complete the operation from computer C: I could see the folder but
>> operation aborted saying "not found"
>> But I could copy same folder from B to C!!!
>> What am I missing in my operating knowledge????
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Montagnani
>> Skype : antoniomontag
>
> Can you give us a bit more detail about what you tried successfully
> (which program(s) you used -- Nautilus? ssh? konqueror?) and which were
> unsuccessful? Also, where were you when you tried these operations?
> (logged into B, logged into A but displaying remote folders using ____
> protocol, ...)
>
> -Chris
>
> --

Sorry for not being very clear:
basically I cannot copy the hidden folder from a remote PC to the
local PC, it works from the local PC to a remote PC.
I am using the graphical tool in Resources/Network, then I click on
the available resource (Windows networked PC) and I get the list of
shared folders...Is this Nautilus??? :-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag