Fedora home server using core 9

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:56:59 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> (2) I understand - and understood - perfectly clearly
> the cause of the ERROR.

If you do, you aren't describing it correctly.

> (3) If ScientificLinux runs a web-page that fails in Firefox,
> I put the fault down to ScientificLinux.

It didn't fail in firefox; you told firefox you didn't trust them and
firefox responded according to your wishes.  No error was involved -
unless you did want to see the page.

> (4) As I have said (several times) I do not have a passionate interest
> in ScientificLinux, which according to all the comments I have read here
> is more or less identical to CentOS.

Actually I don't think I've seen a good description of the differences.
   Both should have a fairly accurate rebuild of RHEL sources and timely
updates from their repositories, but each has their own optional
added-value content.  Centos has the Centosplus repository with a kernel
containing some drivers and filesystems present in fedora but removed
from RHEL and some other things.  I'm not sure what SL adds.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com