fc8 to fc9, yum/rpm/sshd broken on shared libs.

gary artim gartim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:58:12 UTC 2008

Hi --

I've been trying to upgrade an fc8 system to fc9. It seems to complete
the install of the
fc9 rpms, but when it boots the kernel is still fc8 kernel. The boot
has sshd fail with a
'error while loading shared libraries libplc4.so'.'  When I try and
run yum I get:
'libplds4.so: cannot open shared object file'. When I try and run rpm I get:
''error while loading shared libraries libplc4.so'. Has anyone seen
this problem. I've had it happen on nearly every system I have fc8 on
and would like to resolve it. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-- Gary