F9: Adobe Flash: It works, it does not work - repeating syndrome.

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Sep 3 22:50:28 UTC 2008

I have tried in vain to get Adobe's Flash to work in FF. It does
not matter how many times I have tried installing, un-installing
the adobe flash package - it says it was installed successfully.

The problem so it appears, is flash works sometimes and sometimes
it does not.  I think this may be because the default flash plugin is
actually swfdec Yes, I have libflashsupport installed as well.

Under FireFox, you can try to change the swf default under
'Preferences' - however - I am clueless as how to override
swfdec and force the default to be Adobe's Flash - attempts
to try to do so only opens up a File/Directory Dialog box
and I am clueless as to where/what directory/file needs to
be loaded - I thought it was something of a library like:

/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

but that does not seem to work.

Btw: I have no problems with F8 - works like a charm and it
does not use swfdec - but then again - that was with FF v2.0.x

Any advice?

Thanks!
Dan