what's wrong with rkhunter?

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Sep 4 06:40:13 UTC 2008

Le 04.09.2008 02:02, Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 00:01:24 +0200
> francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr (François Patte) wrote:

>> Bonjour,
>
> Greetings.
>
>> I tried to run rkhunter -c on my system.
>>
>> Result:
>>
>> The language specified is not available: en
>> Use the command 'rkhunter --lang en --list languages' to see the list
>> of available languages.
>>

>> I am not so bad, I tried what they said:
>>
>> rkhunter --lang en --list languages
>>
>> then again:
>>
>> The language specified is not available: en
>> Use the command 'rkhunter --lang en --list languages' to see the list
>> of available languages.
>>

>> Well, well, well.... What tot do?
>
> Very odd.
>
> Can you provide the output of:
>
> rpm -V rkhunter

~]$  rpm -V rkhunter
S.?....T c /etc/rkhunter.conf
..?..... c /etc/sysconfig/rkhunter

~]#  rpm -V rkhunter
S.5....T c /etc/rkhunter.conf

There is a difference between a simple user and root!

> echo $LANG

fr_FR.UTF-8

> Unfortunately, rkhunter is only available in a small number of
> translations right now. Please contact upstream if you would like to
> help translate. ;)

I can help.

The default language for rkhunter is en on my machine....

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique
Université Paris Descartes