Fedora home server using core 9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 4 13:05:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 20:05 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> I wouldn't call it misleading.

I tend towards it being misleading.  It says "error" rather than
"warning", and the certificate isn't invalid.  It might be currently
unverified by how you have your browser configured, but the certificate
is valid.  You should only get shown "invalid" warnings when a
certificate actually is invalid.

Firefox annoys me with another stupid message.  If you open the
information about a HTTP served page, you're told the website does not
support encryption for the page you are viewing.  This is often not
true.  It has done no test to check if that page has no HTTPS support,
the site may well support HTTPS for the same page, but you simply didn't
access it that way.  It's very misleading wording.  If it had simply
said that this page isn't using encryption, it would have been correct.
It serves to scare people, when they think that they're checking up on a
site (by the way its worded), and get that bogus message.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.