Printer takes ages to print one page with FC8

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Sep 4 13:08:09 UTC 2008

M. Fioretti wrote, On 09/04/2008 06:57 AM:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 01:33:32 AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> Most printers have a Test or Demo mode that can be activated by, for
<SNIP description of demo pages that printed.>

> Does all this mean the printer is broken, not anything sw?

Read like the hardware (in the printer) works.
If we make the assumption that the cable, and USB interface chips in the
printer and computer are still working correctly, with the following data

> Maybe, but
> I'm not sure.  Meanwhile, at the prompt it still gives:
>
> [root at polaris
> ~]# lpq DESKJET_895C is not ready
>
>     Marco

Then I would suspect the queue is stopped.
I would try the CUPS control URL
http://localhost:631/printers
If you see a the green "Start Printer" button for that printer, then you'll
need to click it and (usually) use user-name root and give the password for
root in the "Authentication Required" box.

hopefully things work again.
--
Todd Denniston