Can't switch to KDE

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 5 02:23:54 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 20:18 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>> $ rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/fstab
>> file /etc/fstab is not owned by any package
>
> # rpm -qf /etc/fstab
> setup-2.6.14-1.fc9.noarch
> # rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig
> filesystem-2.4.13-1.fc9.x86_64
> #

$ rpm -qf /etc/fstab
file /etc/fstab is not owned by any package
$ rpm -qf /etc
filesystem-2.2.4-1
$ rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig/desktop
file /etc/sysconfig/desktop is not owned by any package
$ rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig
filesystem-2.2.4-1

So, the point is made. The fact that RPM doesn't know
about /etc/sysconfig/desktop doesn't mean that it
isn't set up and populated by install.

I don't know what set up /etc/sysconfig/desktop, possibly
RPM as part of /etc/sysconfig. In any case, I know that,
on my machine, I did not (directly) set up /etc/sysconfig/desktop.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.