Recent KDE poll

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 5 13:24:40 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> The new KDE menu seems to be copying the new crappy Windows start
>> menu.

Anne Wilson:
> I'm sick of hearing this.

Yeah, well, live with it.  If the shoe fits...  I'm rather sick of
hearing how wonderful KDE *allegedly* is.  It's long been said that KDE
is going to suit Windows users as being close to what they're used to,
and not without reason.  And it's somewhat hypocritical to hold a poll,
then complain when you receive bad feedback.

> I still don't see what he's driving at.  The new KDE menu is also
> divided, into tabs.

In a convoluted manner to make use of.  i.e. More complicated than
necessary.  KDE has always been, and seems like it will continue to be,
emphasising flashy tartiness over function.

Windows has always had a god-awful and un-ergonomic user-interface, it's
not a good model to follow.  Yet the similarities between the two are
unmistakable.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686