Mouse in gnome-terminal under ssh??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Fri Sep 5 21:06:29 UTC 2008

	I'm most of the way through the throes of getting my main email
account (*not* this one that I post from) shifted over from where it was
to a domain of my own, still hosted by my remote ISP.

	Years ago, that kind host did something to make enable-mouse-in-
xterm work, even though I ran the old account (and am running the new)
under ssh, using a gnome-terminal under Fedora. (He also runs Fedora.)

	[X] Enable-mouse-in-xterm is still checked in the new Alpine
configuration -- but it no longer works.

	I find this an invaluable tweak, which my fingers have long since
adopted without requiring conscious attention. So now, of course, suddenly
I'm stumbling constantly in all directions with everything I try to write.

	My host has long since forgotten how he made it work, and I never
really understood in the first place.

	Can someone here tell us?

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3