Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Sep 6 10:32:58 UTC 2008

Arun Shrimali wrote:

> I am planning to setup fetchmail + sendmail so that I can fetch mails from
> remote server for few users and they can access mail through outlook
> express
> or  squirrel mail.
>
> Is the combination right ?? where can I get the how to about this
> combination ?? I have googled but ...

I do this, with cron jobs to run fetchmail from the different mail servers
every few minutes.
Actually, I save the email on one machine,
and use IMAP (dovecot) to read it on various laptops.

There might be something about this on Brennan's home server tutorial
at <http://www.brennan.id.au/>.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net