[Fwd: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status]

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 7 20:08:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 08:36 +0100, Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008 07:49:18 David C. Chipman wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:03:08 -0500
> >
> > Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > > Replace $arch with $arch.newkey to get to the new updates and
> > > updates-testing trees. I haven't seen an update to the release trees
> > > show up yet.
> >
> > 	Hi Bruno,
> >
> > 		I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
> > $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
> > should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
> > fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,
> >
> > 			-David Chipman
>

> In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
>
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/
> i386.newkey
>
> Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
>
> I'm currently doing an update on a test laptop and the download size is 1.2Gb
>
> Tony

Using that change, yum updates almost woks. I am getting notices of
pending updates. But I get a missing dependency that says
xine-lib-extras-1.12...   depends on xine-lib(plugin ab) which makes no
sense from a naming standpoint and it can't be found. So far I proceeded
further by removing the xine-lib-extras rpm and redoing yum update.
Also the current xine-libs are 1.15 not 1.12 for what eveer that is
worth.

Any thoughts  out there?
A fool and your money are soon partners.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net