Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:17:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Zylogue wrote:
>
> > This looks like it will be a great solution for my needs, as well.
> > However, I need to be able to respond/reply to messages from a variety of
> > accounts and still have the sent message going out the correct account.
> > This is for internal e-mail accounts that I have in some monitored
> > customer's networks and for mailing lists.
> >
> > How could this be handled sensibly?
>
> I'm beginning to sound as if I set myself up as some sort of expert
> on dovecot/IMAP, which I am far from being.
>
> But dovecot stores email in different folders,
> and I would have thought it would be easy enough (eg with procmail)
> to save mail in the appropriate folder.
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

I am getting some SMTP error also for fetching mails ??? as follows

fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 OK FETCH completed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0006 FETCH 1 RFC822.HEADER
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (RFC822.HEADER {465}
reading message arunsh at resonance.ac.in@72.18.135.139:1 of 3 (465 header
octets)
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0007 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< )
fetchmail: IMAP< A0006 OK FETCH completed
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE IMAP4rev1 Server logging out
fetchmail: IMAP< A0007 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
arunsh at resonance.ac.in@resonance
and delivering to SMTP host localhost
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying resonance (protocol IMAP) at Mon Sep  8 17:32:16
2008: poll completed
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying resonance (protocol auto) at Mon Sep  8 17:32:16
2008: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 10
.. checking failed!

can some body help in configuring fetch mail properly ??

regards

Arun