To All EEEpc and Fedora Users, getting Wlan0 and Webcam working

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 8 17:40:59 UTC 2008

FC9 , 2.6.27-0.312.rc5.git7.fc10 .
If you have eeePC 700 series that uses the wireless ar5007EG Atheros
chipset, in Fedora Rawhide repo for FC10 they have the kernel-
2.6.27-0.312.rc5.git7.fc10 that will run the Wireless card and Webcam.
I used Yumex to install the kernel- 2.6.27-0.312.rc5.git7.fc10 into FC9
and rebooted and wa-la I have Wireless and Video Cam.
Be sure that you don't have any thing in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist that
blacklists the ath5k_pci  driver.