new isos?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Sep 9 18:09:54 UTC 2008

Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
> why not release a fedora 8.1 and 9.1 with new keys ?

And the new image could include all of the updates which have been
mentioned as stuck in the queue. Gives people a new trusted install,
saves pulling the updates over and over, could be quickly distributed
via bittorrent, minimal room for user error, minimal load on servers,
and all you really would seem to need is the new signing key and sha1sum
of the ISO after torrent. And I think you could just drop a DVD into
your existing system and upgrade from that. Sounds great... but not the
chosen path.

If I understand it, for a new install you will D/L the old ISO, with the
old key, install the old version, then update to the new key, then
update all your packages all over again. If you have an existing install
you just start at "update to the new key."

Rumor has it that FedoraUnity will release a respin which is likely to
be what you want, or close to it. I saw that lurking in a chat room, so
trust it as you would any other unsubstantiated anonymous rumor as
retold by a third party. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>