graphics program anywhere?

Chris Snook csnook at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 13:30:13 UTC 2008

landon kelsey wrote:
> hypersnap (www.hyperionics.com) is a great screen capture program (free
> trial for MS windows)!
>
> It allows various graphics to be added to the image
>
> ksnapshot is great but sometimes it is handy to be able to add arrows,
> text, etc to the image

Image editing is complex.  Screenshots are simple.  Putting image editing
features in your screenshot program is the kind of idiotic thing - endemic in
the windows world - that you do when you're trying to sell small individual
applications.  We can do better.  The smart way to do it is to add a simple
screenshot feature to your complex image editing program.  I just googled "gimp
screenshot plugin", and lo and behold, such a thing exists.  Check it out.

-- Chris