KDE 4.1: Whew ! That is more like it ! Folderview and panel questions...

linuxguy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:07:37 UTC 2008

I got updated to KDE 4.1 this morning.  It looks a lot better.

I have a couple questions.

1) How do I install application icons in the panel ?  I would like an
icon for Konqueror, Evolution, Dolphin, etc.  I think it used to be in
Add Widgets or something like that.  Where is it now ?

2) How do I resize the Desktop folder view ?   I click the resize icon
in the taskbar that appears on the side.  If I try long enough I can get
the folderview to move.  But I can't seem to resize it.  What am I doing
wrong ?

3) Is there a way to make the folder view to take up the whole desktop,
for when I want a traditional look ?

Excuse my ignorance but I am unclear how the whole folder view / new
desktop paradigm is supposed to work.  My desktop used to be littered
with file and folder icons.   What is it supposed to have now, a bunch
of folder views ?

Thanks