KDE 4.1: Whew ! That is more like it ! Folderview and panel questions...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 10 19:09:02 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 19:52:36 Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> 2008/9/10 linuxguy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>:
> > 1) How do I install application icons in the panel ?  I would like an
> > icon for Konqueror, Evolution, Dolphin, etc.  I think it used to be in
> > Add Widgets or something like that.  Where is it now ?
>
> I don't know if the panel fully supports this yet. I've put my most
> used applications to the Favourites tab in the main K menu.

I've had panel icons since 4.0.  They couldn't be moved around in 4.0, but
they worked.  In Dolphin, find the app you want and right-click on it.  It
offers to put it onto the desktop or onto the panel.

> > 3) Is there a way to make the folder view to take up the whole desktop,
> > for when I want a traditional look ?
>
> I have heard this is possible even in KDE 4.1, but not yet fully
> complete. It takes some extra work and disables the desktop wallpaper.
> Better support for this is coming in the future versions of KDE.

I believe it is possible.  I don't have 4.1 on this laptop yet, though.  I'll
try to find more info tomorrow.

Anne