on the bright side

landon kelsey landonmkelsey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 01:11:08 UTC 2008

I got tons of super great stuff for free!

I got Qt 4.4 and it did not require any change in environment!

I got a KDE that doesn't herd a bunch of items and fragments in the system tray(is that what you call it) as 4.0.5 did!

I used KDE for years without knowing what the taskbar was. It was obvious and to the credit of the creators that it was intuitive!

The only problem I had with KDE 4.4 was under the user where I erased the old panel and created a new panel! This was a disaster but it works! I hate the way it looks!

I clicked every button everywhere and cannot find anything barely promising to change the color or put the panel anywhere but the top! AND I am persistent!

I was hoping this time for "panel hide" I was accustomed to using this on pre 4.x KDEs and XP prof.