Q re F8 and updates

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 11 02:05:19 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Craig White wrote:
>On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 21:11 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I'm reading about all the yum problems, but none of them have given a clue
>> that will help me.
>>
>> My yum, or yumex, is not showing me an updated fedora-release package, so
>> obviously I cannot even do a yum update yum-keys.
>>
>> Is there not such a file for F8 yet, or is there a hand edit I need to do
>> for fedora-updates.repo?
>
>----
>if you read all about the yum problems, how is it that you missed
>this...
>
>https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Enabling_new_signing_key
>
>???
>
>Craig

Correct, I missed that one.  After using FF to dl the new package, and
importing the new key, everything else seems to be back in lockstep now.

Thanks Craig, I'm sure by now you wish this would all go quietly away so you
could go taste test a few ounces of your favorite preservative. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)