Yum Error

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:14:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 10:50 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 21:21 -0400, Jim wrote:
> >
> >> Using Yumex I did a refresh in Rawhide and selected the kde-4.1.1
> >> packages and dependencies where satisfied.
> >>

> > I tried "yum --enablerepo=rawhide groupupdate KDE" but the number of
> > dependencies was large and some were not satisfied, so I didn't bother.
> >
> > poc
> >

> Do a yum install yumex, yumex  will help you to see more and  make it
> easier installing packages.
> "yum extender" will be located in /System after installed.
> I installed the KDE-4.1.1 packages from Yumex by selecting " Repository
> Selection View Icon" on left  and checking "Rawhide" and then clicking
> on "Refresh" .

I don't think I'll take the risk, especially after seeing Kevin's post.
I can wait for the updates-testing versions.

> Again, I'am using FC9, there is no Rawhide in FC8

You seem to be somewhat confused about the meaning of Rawhide. At any
given point in time Rawhide is the *next* version of Fedora which is
currently being worked on, i.e. at the moment it's F10. It's really for
testing only, so you can expect to have a busy time keeping everything
running until it stabilizes (around November according to the current
plan). That's why there's no Rawhide for F8. It's called F9.

poc