VMware fails to build with the new kernel

Arnold Sutter noldi at swissonline.ch
Fri Sep 12 12:22:36 UTC 2008

Hi Paul and Steven,

> VMware fails to build with the new kernel. The error messages are
> detailed below.
>
> Any ideas?

What "VMware"?

I just upgraded my F8 system to Kernel 2.6.26.3-14.fc8 and had no
problems
compiling the VMware Host tools from VMware Workstation V6.0.5 for Linux
(and I would assume VMware Server V1.0.7 for Linux to behave the same).

You are right that this could sometimes be a problem when you don't have
the latest VMware software running against the most recent kernels.

Best Regards,

Arnold