Moving icons in panel

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:36:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 12:37 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is it possible to do this under KDE-4.1?
> Right clicking on an icon in the panel
> does not seem to give the option of moving the icon,
> as it used to do.
>
> This may be conceivably be due (in my case)
> to the fact that I lost my panel and found it again.
>
> Can people generally move the icons in their panel?
> If so, how?

Right-click on the panel (or click on the cashew thing) and select Panel
Settings. As you hover the mouse over the various icons you'll see a
strange graphic -- presumably meant to represent moving stuff -- and can
drag them around. It's pretty clunky but it works. Lets hope it improves
in future versions.

poc