Livna Dependency problem xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Michael C sieverfrisch at yahoo.ie
Fri Sep 12 16:56:02 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>> Thanks Kevin,
>>
>> I'd been wondering why clearing the metadata cache wasn't sufficient to
>> re-enable updates. If it's of any use to anyone else who updated their
>> Livna packages before the deluge of Fedora updates, I ran the following;
>>
>> yum remove xine-lib-extras-nonfree
>> yum clean all
>> yum update
>> yum install xine-lib-extras-nonfree
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>

> I could not install xine-lib-extras-nonfree earlier as I assume you could not.
> But today it worked without any yum clean being necessary. I assume it
> was just a mirror problem.

Well aside from the question of whether it was necessary to clean the
cache (I took my cue from Nataraj's post in the "When the floodgates
open ..." thread) I gathered the problem that some were experiencing
didn't purely and simply come down to transitory synch issues:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg01124.html