PDA Calendar sync (was Re: Calendar choice: looking for advice)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:32:12 UTC 2008

Mauriat wrote:

> I would still be interested in the following:
> 1. online calendar (bonus if i can install it as an app on my own webserver)
> 2. desktop application calendar (synced with the online calendar)
> 3. pda calendar - sync via cradle/dock (no data plan needed)
>
> Cheaper the better, but I will pay if I know the solution is solid.
>
> I have a Horde calendar online on a private server (I don't want to
> put more private things in Google Calendar). I have my Sharp Zaurus
> which for me only sync's reliably in Outlook in Windows. My basic
> flip-phone has no features. Everything is a complete mess for me right
> now.
>
> Currently I am looking at purchasing a Palm Treo device but I really
> don't want to get sucked into a data-plan. :-/

Sounds like an ipod touch would work if you can find wireless access
points for the sync to happen - but I'm not sure if anything but a mac
or a pc with its outlook sync software will work with it.  Is there a
free equivalent?  Or some other wireless device that works as well as
the ipod touch?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com