latest bind is screwed (was Re: New key: updating yum/yum-utils depsolving problem)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Sep 12 19:03:08 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:25:06 -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>
>> Be careful with "bind".  This version has an internal inconsistency
>> where it expects to allow 1024 files to be open, but a compiled in
>> constant in another section of the code limits it to 128 files.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-6977
>
> One month a test-update without any feedback from testers.
> You could have found this issue if you had given it a try earlier.

We realize that things have been busy and no one is criticizing Fedora for not
properly checking that the package had been downloaded and tested before
releasing it. Obviously a lot of your users have not been downloading *anything*
from Fedora lately, which reduces testing.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>