what if I reinstall?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Sep 12 22:43:42 UTC 2008

Just curious about this with respect to the repo changes
(and from what I hear more changes yet to come).

Just before the repo disaster, I had to reinstall because
my disk died.

With the original DVD images still pointing to old repos,
what happens if someone has to reinstall in a few weeks
after all the planned repo changes are complete?

Does it "just work", or will they need some manual intervention
to get updates functioning on a system installed from
original DVDs?

Just curious - I'm hoping not to need to know :-).