what if I reinstall?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:08:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 18:43 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Just curious about this with respect to the repo changes
>> (and from what I hear more changes yet to come).
>>
>> Just before the repo disaster, I had to reinstall because
>> my disk died.
>>
>> With the original DVD images still pointing to old repos,
>> what happens if someone has to reinstall in a few weeks
>> after all the planned repo changes are complete?
>>
>> Does it "just work", or will they need some manual intervention
>> to get updates functioning on a system installed from
>> original DVDs?
>>
>> Just curious - I'm hoping not to need to know :-).
> ----
> you need to follow the instructions to obtain any updates (and many of
> the updates were sorely needed).
>
> Craig

Why all these uncertainty questions? Have either of you checked any of
the F8 and F9 updates repositories? There is only one rpm in F8
updates and a hand full in F9 updates. When you do an update you're
going to get a new fedora-release and/or PackageKit update. After the
update yum will be pointed toward the newkey mirrors.