fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 100

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:26:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 07:43 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >
> >> As I'm on individual mails,
> >> have just added on gmail.com "subject fedora-list Digest" goed to trash.
> >> This should be the last one I get.
> >>

> > That will also trash messages that have been appropriately edited but
> > retain the digest Subject line. I agree these are also bad, but there
> > are degrees of badness.
> >

> I'm curious...just how often does this problem present itself such that
> it generates as much backlash as it does?

If you mean the problem of people quoting digests, there are some repeat
offenders out there who just don't seem to get the idea, and it *is*
annoying, but probably not as much as the egregious top-posters or those
who can't be bothered to trim a 100-line message when they add their
2-line comment.

poc