fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 100

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 13 14:24:39 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> If it's technical possible for *this* list server to automatically
>> reject quoted digest replies, I'd like to see it done.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> +1, but it could be tricky to pull off reliably.

There are news servers which do it fairly well (reject for quoting,
HTML, and other reasons).  e.g. If a post is substantially more quote
than new content, then it rejects the post and you get an explanatory
message.  The original poster than gets a chance to correct the problem
without bugging anyone else, or embarrassing themselves in public.

You could detect by counting the quote prefixes, or looking for a few
specially inserted bits of text in the digest, that wouldn't be there if
the replier had snipped the quoted text.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.