OpenGL screensavers do not work under root but

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 13 15:05:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 10:19 -0700, landon kelsey wrote:
> another possibility:
>
> for a few months ntpdate or ? has been failing under F9 AND XP Prof
> I suspected the "battery" that persists the time/date but the ZULU
> time is OK!
>
> but
>
> my time/dat should NOT control the email data time/date

Yes, and no...  Depending on your mail client, it may show you messages
with the date/time as the author saw it (their time), or translate it
into your own time.

Both have their advantages.  Dates showing the author's time, allows you
to see that they were writing to you at 3 in the morning.  Dates
translated into your own timezone allow you to easily see that they
wrote you ten minutes ago, for example, without you having to correlate
your timezone and theirs, and do a calculation.

Some mailers do both.  e.g. You see their time, with a translation to
yours next to it in brackets.

> My question about screen saver were answered!

Your message was quite hard to comprehend, on the whole.  It seems to be
quite a different discussion to the prior message, and going in several
directions.

> I am a rather superb EE, OOP and psychologist/theologian/philosopher.

And so modest...  ;-)

I think Patrick asked you if you had a mail problem, since you seemed to
be repeating yourself, in different messages, and there might have
already been a reply to one of the earlier posts answering your query.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.