fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 100

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 13 20:03:49 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<snip>

 On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 02:14 +0000, g wrote:
> [...]
>> poc,
>> if 'appropriately edited', *Subject: * should also be changed to a new
>> message, not just click 'reply'.
>>
>> clicking 'reply' would carry id of *Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol nn, Issue nnn*.
>> would it not?
>

> As I said, the digest is not itself a message on the list,

true. but hitting this list it gets an id, totally unrelated to thread
reply is to.

> so this doesn't matter.

false. i understand and respect your knowledge. but you are not accepting
or understand another reasoning.

your way, 'subject:' has no reference to 'problem'. if another 'digester'
has a question or comment to same or different post in same digest and uses
'reply', then there are 2 problems with same 'subject:'.

consider op wanting to reply to another message in digest???

'subject:' is too non descriptive now.

sa, 'it stop', 'i think this thing is hung', even 'fedora core'.

> Which is a clue to their cluelessness :-)

**uncle bill syndrome**. which does not need to continue by responders.

>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of fedora-list digest..."
>
> That's interesting. I don't receive digests so I didn't know that.

nor do i. this is what has dropped back into 'fedora-list'. all files noted
are what where 'Re: fedora-list Digest' in html, which i edited and saved.
there may be more.

think about it.

i need to play for about 4/5 hours with 'barn' in back yard. need to finish
and get inspected next week, so i can move my 'treasures' in.

later.

- --
tc,hago.

.