Does Thundergird Crash when to many Emalis in Inbox ??

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Sep 14 00:08:19 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Does he have problems with any other programs crashing?
>>
>> Mikkel
>>
> No, just thunderbird. what I mean by crash is the emails come but
> there screwed up, email comes one person. and has body of email from
> another person.

You would need to answer the queries others have asked already.

What type of email account?  POP or IMAP?  (That will answer some of the
other questions)
What version of TB?
What extensions are installed?

Then, what is done to correct the problem?

On the surface, it sounds as if POP is being used and somehow the index
files are becoming corrupt.  These are found in the mail store of TB
normally in ~/.thunderbird/default/somedir/Mail/accountname and end in
.msf.  With TB not running you can delete these files and TB will
recreate them the next time the folders are opened.

--
Whether you can hear it or not, The Universe is laughing behind your
back. -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"