xf86-video-intel driver

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 14 03:38:19 UTC 2008

I'm building a new computer and I want to get an intel motherboard with a
G45 chip because it has integrated graphics in it. I did a google search
and it seems there's a linux driver for it, xf86-video-intel. See for
instance

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjY1NQ

I could not find a fedora rpm for it though. Are there any plans to
include it any time soon?

If I do have to compile it, I wouldn't have to compile the whole X server,
right, just that particular driver, against Xlib and whatever else it
needs, just like with the nvidia drivers before livna?