PDA Calendar sync (was Re: Calendar choice: looking for advice)

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun Sep 14 22:18:18 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 12.09.2008, 11:40 -0400 schrieb Mauriat:
> I would still be interested in the following:
> 1. online calendar (bonus if i can install it as an app on my own webserver)
> 2. desktop application calendar (synced with the online calendar)
> 3. pda calendar - sync via cradle/dock (no data plan needed)

> Currently I am looking at purchasing a Palm Treo device but I really
> don't want to get sucked into a data-plan. :-/

I tried to sync several cell phones with evolution calendar via blue
tooth (to avoid expensive GSM/GPRS data transfers or expensive data
cables). With the usual mass market phones from Nokia or Sony Ericcsson
it was a mess and didn't work reliably or even not at all. At the end I
tried a Palm treo 680 (Palm operating system) and it worked without any
problems with F9 (F7 is a bit tricky configuration). Same is true for
KDE  calendar. And I rate the Palm calendar as superior compared to
those of Win CE or Symbian based ones.

Peter