Lost toolbar in KDE, how do I get it back?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 23:37:54 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 9/14/08, Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com> wrote:

> From: Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com>
> Subject: Lost toolbar in KDE, how do I get it back?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 3:15 PM
> Well, it seems that I have lost my KDE toolbar, the one that
> has the
> "f" icon for calling up the menu, and the clock,
> and the icons for
> each available desktop, and some other icons for networking
> and other
> stuff, and the icons for each active session.
>
> To make a long story short, I had another panel up and
> right clicked
> on it and said "Remove this Task Manager", and it
> removed the wrong
> one (well, the right one, but not the one I wanted).
>
> So, how do I restore it, get it back?
>
> I have searched Google and looked through the mailing list
> archives
> as best I can (there appears to be no effective way to
> search the
> archives, at least none that I can find).
>
> TIA for any help...
>
> --

I had a similar thing happen, on one of the Fedora 9 boxes I have at school, students messed up the panel moving the panels and removing them.

I fixed it by doing a
$ cp -ra ~/.kde ~/.kde_old
$ rm -rf ~/.kde

and panel was restored to what the default was and I put things back like they were before :)

HTH,

Antonio