[FWW] method for minimum install

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Mon Sep 15 12:30:19 UTC 2008

<snip>
> Man, I was wanting to take Fedora with openoffice and the gimp to work
> with me this week, but the new gui package manager is soooooooooo
> slooooooooooooow and I'm finding the list from yum search openoffice a
> little intimidating. Naw, hang that gui gadget. I'm just going to grab
> the obvious stuff cli and hope for the best.
>
> Joel Rees

Since we're talking pie in the sky (or SuSE...I seem to remember them
having this type of "feature" in the past...don't know anymore) why
couldn't there be a "full" install, "minimal install (home user)" (or
fill in your desired terminology), "minimal install (server)","developer
install", "web services install", etc. (kind of like what the install
for Solaris has with 5 different package levels).  Split them up into
"common sense" (hah!) categories and have at it!

Kevin