FireFox 3 EULA

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:28:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 14:35 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Steve Hill wrote:
>
> >> If you don't want to use Firefox because of some religious objection,
> >> that's fine by me.
> >> But if you are trying to stop me using Firefox,
> >> or make it more difficult for me,
> >> my reaction would be very different.
> >
> > Fedora already "stops" you using all sorts of non-Free stuff (i.e. the
> > non-free stuff isn't packaged in the standard repository - you have to go
> > and install it from elsewhere yourself).
>
> So I take it from that that you _do_ want to stop me using Firefox.

If you bothered to do some reading on the subject instead of spreading
FUD ("stop me from using Firefox") you'd notice that everything revolves
around the "Mozilla/Firefox" brand, and that Ubuntu is thinking about
switching to Iceweasel (as Debian already did) - a stripped (brand-wise)
version of Firefox.

Geez! I really hope someone @fedora start actively moderating this ML.

- Gilboa