Enable updates for a single user

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Sep 15 14:45:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 09:51 -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> > Hi Mike
> >
> > Thank you for your reply.
> >
> > I will try to teach to my customer to use the command line; however, as
> > he has never worked with Linux (he has got Windows XP and I am trying to
> > push him, along with other customers, to switch to Linux), I am not so
> > sure he can do that.
> >
> > Do you know how this can be done working in a graphical environment such
> > as Gnome?
> >
> I seem to recall a past thread, on this list, regarding gnome-sudo or some
> such.  You might want to try searching the archives, or the web, for it.

You could just create a shortcut to a terminal on the desktop, with the
launcher commands already created, and he would just have to give his
password (of course you have to add him to sudo) when he clicks on it
(unless you add him with*out* a password) and therefore wouldn't really
need to use CLI really.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org