small fonts after upgrade from F7 to F9

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Tue Sep 16 01:33:05 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
 > For me, this was all due to the newer X insisting on using the EDID
 > info of my monitor, so the computed dots per inch may have been
 > accurate, but didn't look very good.

I'm getting the small fonts both on the console, and over an NX session.
  Over NX I would expect that it might not get an accurate DPI.  It's
claiming 75, so I changed that to 100, and it's much better.  I wonder
if I can get that to "stick" for NX sessions.  (I'm using the Nomachine
NX server, because I can never get the one in the Fedora repository to
work for any length of time.)

I'll check the setting on a console X session the next time I go to the
colo.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Eric