FireFox 3 EULA

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 16 05:11:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 08:24 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> It's absolutely pointless to have a discussion about EULA text we are
> not showing.
>
> jef"Is pretty sure that Ubuntu isn't showing this:
> http://fedoraproject.org/static/firefox/ "spaleta

Some might call that a EULA, but I wouldn't.  I'd call that more of a
warning that you're about to use something that you *might* want to
configure differently.

It's a little disconcerting that such a feature might be on by default,
but I'd rather be told about it (like we are) than only find out about
it once I've gone through all my configuration options.

There's probably a few other programs that could do with a warning,
before use as well.  e.g. Your mail client could warn you (when first
configuring it) that it'd be best if you configured it to use secured
connections, rather than plain text, if your mail service supported it.
Evolution has the ability to probe for different types, but doesn't do
it automatically (e.g. see if it can do a secure connect, and set that
as the default).  You start off with plain text, and manually pick a
secure configuration, if you bother to.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686